Human Performance and Health Laboratory
Research Park iNOVA, together with the University of the Faroe Islands and the Faroese Business Development Fund, is now opening the Human Performance and Health Laboratory, a facility dedicated to research in human physiology located in Tórshavn.
The facility will be headed by Professor Magni Mohr, Ph.D. from the University of the Faroe Islands while the funds necessary to procure the instrumentation have been provided by the Faroese Business Development Fund. A list of the equipment, a Gas Analyzer, and several high-end exercise instruments, installed in the Human Performance and Health laboratory can be found under facilities.
Apart from enabling research in human physiology, The Human Performance and Health Laboratory will also provide an opportunity for the Faroese athletic community. Several exercise physiological tests are available to ensure optimal training efficiency.
Exercise physiological tests available at the Human Performance and Health Laboratory (HPHL)
It is now possible to perform advanced discipline-specific athletic tests at the HPLH at Research Park iNOVA. Since the same scientific equipment is used for physiological research, all the tests are thoroughly validated.
A physiological analysis of the test results by Magni Mohr, Ph.D. is included in all the tests, allowing an estimation of the current physiological state of the test-subject and practical suggestions for optimizing the test-subjects training program.
HPLH offers relevant tests for short- and long-distance athletes (running, swimming, rowing, cycling) and ball sports (football, handball, badminton, etc.). Furthermore, specific physiological tests of exercise involving arms and legs are offered.
Available tests and pricing
- Maximal oxygen consumption test (VO2max) – cycling, running, rowing, and swimming: 1000 DKK
- Test of VO2max, exercise economy, and metabolism: 1500 DKK
- Test VO2max, exercise economy, metabolism, and oxygen uptake kinetics: 1750 DKK
- Wingate test on bicycle - test of anaerobic properties: 750 DKK
- Repeated sprint test - cycling, running, rowing, swimming, and swimming: 750 DKK
- Critical Power 3-min test - test of anaerobic properties (cycling, roving): 1000 DKK
- Upper body VO2test and upper body power test (swimming): 1000 DKK
- Upper body VO2test and upper body power test and VO2max test for swimming: 1500 DKK
- Test of Anaerobic threshold, VO2max, exercise economy, and metabolism: 1500 DKK
- Ballgames specific testing (pricing set in agreement with individual teams)
All tests include physiological analyses of the test results by Magni Mohr, Ph.D.